Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yikes

The mormons just came to the door. I sat very still at the table and watched their shadows on the wall of the stairs. Oh, momo's. It makes me a little homesick.

So I was wigging out last night because I've been asked a bunch in the last year or so whether or not I'm of asian descent. Not like it's really that important, but I just don't see it at all. Started with the cab driver in vegas. Some other friends said they saw it and apparently many of my high school bro friends were under the impression that I was half and possibly adopted. WHAT. I don't even look asian.

I appreciate the texts, facebook comments and twitter DM's saying that you don't see it either. I'm less confused/concerned.

I love Laura.

JH sent me this picture at an art museum in Seattle that reminded him of me, as it's a poster of a trailer, mid century modern design style. And my new goal is to purchase a double wide trailer. (People think this is weird, I think it's genius). $12g for the joint and to move it. Laminate hardwood floors, jacuzzi tub, nice kitchen. I'd leave my tinsel christmas tree up all year and put pink flamingos in flower pots on my little stoop. And I'm not wanting this to be ironic at all, I think it would fit me perfectly. My grandfather and step grandmother (who were married at the VFW in Billings Montana) live in a trailer and my parents used to, and said it was legitimately a good investment to save money to buy a house without ever RENTING anything. Theoretically, buy a trailer, put like, four grand down and pay off the rest over the next two/three years, live in it for as many more until you save enough for a down payment for a house then either rent or sell the place you were in before!




Yeah, I'm weird.

Love this song too:
What's your name you old ball and chain?
You won't roll free tied up this way
It was a good idea when you needed a home
But your best days were spent on your own

Please don't be there the next time that they fall
If anything show up late to let them know
You never would've been there at all
When you're happy with yourself you'll never get much done
I'm not saying live for the downside
Just live your own life

(Some people) Come round
Just to feel up when you feel down
Come around
I hope you come around

Well spite isn't quite revenge and childhood friends
Are nothing but dead ends

We could be our own Messiahs
And walk on frozen lakes
Our stomachs could turn wine to water
When you lose your saving grace
Put your weight on that frozen lake
Up from the downside with you

No comments:

Post a Comment