Sunday, September 6, 2009

what is it

I am not certain what it is about this week of the year. I am always bed-ridden sick. Or hospital bound.

My freshman year of college (six years ago, yeesh) I went to the CSU/CU game at mile high, got a terrible migraine, threw up until I threw up blood and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. They didn't believe me that I hadn't been drinking (I didn't, at all, at the time) and so it took that much longer for them to figure out I didn't need to go to detox, I was actually ill with something!

My junior year of college I got strep so bad this first weekend of September that I lost my voice, couldn't get out of bed, couldn't even make the phone call to say I couldn't go to work.

The fall that I moved back to Denver (the very next fall) I had the flu so severely that I had to have an IV because I was so dehydrated from my fever.

Last fall I had a fever of 100-102 for five days straight, couldn't stay awake, couldn't move off the couch, could barely eat, barely drink.

And this year? This fireworks display of epic vomiting and pooping.

Its always the same week/weekend. FUCK MY LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment