Tuesday, August 25, 2009

travels

In place of going to Boston, I am going to New York (expenses paid) to check out grad schools. The fact that this was even offered is huge! A huge statement about their investment in my education, one that I'm not fucking up this time around.

I have quashed the bad decision making. I have an iron will.

I like the direction this seasons fashion is going. Granted, if I would have paid better attention during Fashion Week I would have seen this ages ago, but I was wallowing in break up cake. But not really wallowing, and I didn't get any break up cake this go around. (Way to drop the ball, animal).

I can't stop listening to this Make Do and Mend EP. Sounds so great on vinyl. (Pet peeve, calling it "a vinyl.") You know...

"Oh, I got a couple vinyls today..."
"a couple vinyl whats?"
"oh, vinyl albums"
"oh, you mean records. albums ON vinyl."
"yeah, vinyls"
"yeah. no. you're an idiot."

I am loving the Helmut Lang F/W09 collection, especially all their asymmetrical jackets. I love off center/asym zip anything, especially with big swoopy hoods and collars. Gray and black please! (That's all I've been buying, I think I'm going through a mopey artist phase).

Anyway. Progression. Doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment