Monday, August 17, 2009

The Fall

"I wanted someone with nothing to gain from my demise..."

Living and dying in Denver.
I've been contemplating since Sunday how to recap the last 80 or so hours in a way that would adequately explain how it felt and what it meant.

I woke up Thursday AM at 6 in order to be to work by 8. A full shift, til four, and immediately following I went home, showered and packed. Picked up Rachel and met Alexis at Lime for booze and food. A brief (hour) nap at Rachel's and I left to meet the CW guys to drive to SLC. We departed Denver at 3am, me in the road warrior, they in their vanna white. Around Rock Springs (nearly six hours in...) I just couldn't do it anymore and got some help with driving so I could nap (an hour).

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, we went to the pie straight away. Needed directions from Tony, which got us there in a timely manner. Mark, Robby, Zach and I attempted to eat the 23" cheese pizza. So much cheese. Basically all I digested all weekend was coffee and cheese. We didn't finish it. Sad. We waited around the university for Matt of Reviver, and in that time frame I got a new nickname, PJ which I won't get into here.

Hit up a few shopping spots. Gateway and stopped by their Urban. After that some of us ate at Vertical where we met Connor, his lady friend Linda, Sias, Mike (?) and Fernando. I ate a delicious vegan breakfast burrito. Zach, Robby and baby PR left for the show and I hung out at vertical a while longer before heading to taylorsville. House shows are super fun. Make Do and Mend is such a great band. Crooked Ways played a good set, though baby PR needs to learn 2017.

After the show, shot the shit with MD&M and then went with members of Reviver to a village inn so i could have a waffle. Thanks guyssss.

After THAT I fully intended to drive to Idaho Falls that night. At this point I'd been awake nearly 48 hours with 2 hour long cat naps. Before I left town though, I stopped by wherever C was in Sugarhouse to say bye, at which point I was told I was not driving anywhere, bc I hadn't slept and there were "deers" (say with a mexican accent). So instead I accompanied some new friends to a coffee shop and shot the shit for a little over an hour before going back to the house and GRACIOUSLY being given a place to sleep. Nicest dudes ever, seriously. I appreciate what they did for me so much.

Left at 8 after five hours of sleep to go to IF, hauled ass. Ate food. Took a nap. Saw my bestie best best. Met Eazy's child, Emily.

A full night of sleep and I left on Sunday after breakfast. Long drive. In Fort Collins, stopped to poop and ran into Andrea at Mugs. Best part, neither of us live in Fort Collins anymore!

I am glad to be home. I wish I were a dude so I could go on tour.


We drove through the night
and saw the sun come up behind us
a fast moving dream carried
by a slower machine
melodies punctuated by "what if's"
and petty, small, small regrets
we confessed smaller sins, left them
by the roadside
I thought we had more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment