Tuesday, August 11, 2009

stash

found this on a disk from last year. crime in stereo lyrics obv credited to crime in stereo.

Who exactly do you think you are? Seriously? Why do you think I'd keep you in that capacity at all? Do you feel entitled to it? Because that's the vibe I got from our conversation. You're not entitled to shit. You're barely entitled to me being civil and keeping the peace. Just thinking about it is absolutely infuriating. Of course I did. What else would I do? Throw myself a year long pity party? Live my life in little spaced breaths? Keep myself up at night? Beat myself up over things I didn't do? I am not broken. These people cannot.
these are the years that scatter the young into doctors and drunks.
And what is it that you chose? What is it that you have? A half a life of never making ends meet? A full life of never keeping a job? A day to day existence of justifying, not to me, but to yourself why you're better off?
Isn't that embarrassing? To have everyone know all the things you think, but not the courage to speak them.
Isn't it funny? I am smarter than you probably think I am. I know what those words meant. And that comment? I'm not some bitch to be kept tethered on a leash by your meaningless words.
Next time dig your own grave with the things that you say...
I threw myself down in one last attempt. What a fool I was. My dreams speak volumes, and I knew then, as I know now, what was to be, had to be, and is. There is no contempt. Only a little regret. But no regret for me, only regret for you. Oh, we're all just wasting our days and our time pretending like we knew what we were looking for all along. Even know, in the midst of it all, I am not certain. And maybe I never will be. Maybe Mother was right.
We won’t appreciate these days until they’re all gone. We never recognize what’s right.

Maybe Mother was right.
Heaven sent I crane my neck, to watch you desperately march down my chest, enjoying every step.
It's sweet. It's all I know.
...hide deceitfully inside my skin
I am restless. Those were my words.
...right to an unmarked grave...
At the end of the day, the beating of our hearts will sound like war.
"There is no fear in this heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment