Monday, July 27, 2009

Being crushed

A summary:

Saturday I went to the Crooked Ways record release with Kristen and Rachel. We laughed a lot. Talking about oreos growing into skin folds, the homo-eroticism at the show, and making cracks at everyone, it was one of the better nights I've had. My joke was made, but no credit was given (PLAGIARISM) and The Golden Age is so good. I love girl fronted bands. Especially girl fronted bands that play Panic covers. After the show we stopped at a corner store on Sheridan near Lakeside at got ice cream sammiches and jammed the fuck out on them. Also, we played Broadway Calls driving back and they're Rachel's new favorite band. They should be everyone's favorite band.

Getting home, I dumped a ton of soda on my stupid computer. It still works! The keyboard sticks when I type, however, so that sucks.

Sunday I got up early and went for a fifteen mile bike ride with my wife and my dad. Andrea talked my ear off (per usual) but it was a good ride. I jammed the shit out of the last hill, and my legs are still feeling it. It's easily a mile of a 7% grade. To do a 14er I'm going to just have to ride up and down that stupid thing from now until September.

I did laundry, hemmed some pants, read my new books, ate some food and took a nap before picking up Alysha for the show. I had a pocket PBR tall boy (or a chrome bag one, haha). Didn't catch much of full circle, but shot the shit with some good dudes about a dude in absentia. Downpresser was way good. Foundation was way good. Mother of Mercy really impressed me after my lack of impressed-ness at UB09, and The Title Fight was just fun. During TF an unnamed member of one of the aforementioned bands felt the need to protect me, which I found laugh worthy. While everyone was kicking it in the yard after the show, he joined out conversation about dreadlocks, Benji, spiders, TAKING THA SCENE BACK, the humpday hijacking, et cetera. The other guys I met that night were super nice. I remember now why I got into this. The fun, the relative camaraderie, the ringing ears...

Between bands I walked to 7-11 (pbr tall boy open and in tow, haha) with an old boyfriend and cemented a peace of sorts. It was nice to just talk like we used to. Afterwards a group of us went to the "Lenny's" and hung out and ate, just like the bad old days. It was like living in a memory of how things used to be, when the home away from home was addressed 2017.

And I have a great idea for a tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment